AL MORGAN - The Dynamo of Piano and Song
Over fifty years ago there was a song popularised by Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians entitled 'Get Out Those Old Records'. It was co-written by Guy's brother Carmen, together with John Jacob Loeb, and could well have been a family commercial, so successful were the Lombardos (hear Guy Lombardo and Co. on JASMINE JASCD396, 'Get Out Those Old Records - Fifty Of His Many Greatest Hits'). However, there were other versions of the song, not least by the man on this disc, Al Morgan - not to be mistaken with the eponymous Jazz bass and tuba player from New Orleans.
1. IN MY LITTLE RED BOOK
2. MY SIN
3. IF I HAD MY WAY
4. LITTLE RED CABOOSE
5. TURN-ABOUT IS FAIR PLAY
6. YOU TELL ME YOUR DREAM, I'LL TELL YOU MINE
7. THAT OLD GANG OF MINE
8. I WONDER WHO'S KISSING HER NOW?
9. GEE, BUT IT'S GREAT TO MEET A FRIEND
10. SMILE, DARN YA SMILE
11. GET OUT THOSE OLD RECORDS
12. IF I DIDN'T ALREADY LOVE YOU, BABY
13. JEALOUS HEART 14. FOOLISH TEARS
15. MY HEART CRIES FOR YOU
16. WHAT WILL I TELL MY HEART?
17. I'VE GOT A SUNDAY FEELING IN MY HEART
18. THE PLACE WHERE I WORSHIP (IS THE WIDE OPEN SPACES)
19. I'D TRADE ALL MY TOMORROWS (FOR JUST ONE YESTERDAY)
20. THERE'S NO SEASON ON LOVE
21. HALF A HEART IS ALL YOU LEFT ME
22. A LITTLE STREET WHERE OLD FRIENDS MEET
23. I WISH I HAD A SWEETHEART (LIKE THAT OLD SWEETHEART OF MINE)