AMERICAN DANCE BANDS PLAY THE MUSIC OF IRVING BERLIN
This is the second CD in a series (see Cole Porter JASMCD2601) highlighting the greatest song writers of the last century, performed by arguably some of the best American dance bands of the 30s and 40s. 24 tracks meticulously compiled and annotated by nostalgia expert Geoff Milne - including tracks by Artie Shaw, Guy Lombardo, Bob Crosby, Rudy Vallee, Tommy Dorsey and many more! See track listing for full details.
1. Shaking The Blues Away - PAUL WHITEMAN and HIS ORCH.
2. Always - GEORGE OLSEN and HIS MUSIC
3. Put tin' On The Ritz - JAN GARBER and HIS ORCH.
4. Let Me Sing And I'm Happy - BEN SELVIN and HIS ORCH.
5. The Little Things In Life - GUS ARNHEIM and HIS ORCH.
6. Soft Lights And Sweet Music - WARING'S PENNSYLVANIANS
7. Let's Have Another Cup Of Coffee - ENRIC MADRIGUERA and HIS HOTEL BILTMORE ORCH.
8. Mandy - JOE HAYMES and HIS ORCH.
9. A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody - RUDY VALLEE
10. Isn't This A Lovely Day - EDDY DUCHIN and H1S ORCH.
11. No Strings - DOLLY DAWN, vcl. and HER DAWN PATROL
12. Let's Face The Music And Dance - RAY NOBLE and HIS ORCH.
13. Let Yourself Go - GLEN GRAY'S CASA LOMA ORCH.
14. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm - OZZIE NELSON and HIS ORCH.
15. This Year's Kisses - HAL KEMP and HIS ORCH.
16. Marie - TOMMY DORSEY and HIS ORCH.
17. Remember - RED NORVO and HIS ORCH.
18. Blue Skies - ARTIE SHAW and HIS NEW MUSIC
19. Change Partners - LARRY CLINTON and HIS ORCH.
20. I'm Sorry For Myself - KAY KYSER and HIS ORCH.
21. All By Myself - BOB CROSBY'S BOB CATS
22. How Deep Is The Ocean - BENNY GOODMAN and HIS ORCH.
23. I Left My Heart At The Stage Door Canteen - CHARLIE SPIVAK and HIS ORCH.
24. Easter Parade - GUY LOMBARDO and HIS ROYAL CANADIANS